Welcome to ACAPELLAS4U, Free Acapellas Vocals Dj tools Downloads

Your original leading free studio quality acapellas provider.

Twitter Facebook Top100 Pellas

Using a crappy acapella to create a good quality acapella

Do it yourself acapellas or DIY refers to the procedure of manually separating a vocal-only portion of a music track from its instrumental counterpart; also known as vocal extraction. Lots of techniques, advice and help in here for creating that very special D.I.Y acapella.

Moderators: Forum Staff, admin

Using a crappy acapella to create a good quality acapella

Postby amar__ on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:59 pm

I'm very new to music production, but I do know a bit about audio. Anyway, so I noticed that many acapella tracks are terrible quality. One thing I see a lot is versions of the same track at different bit rates, but when I check the spectrogram, they're clearly bad transcodes.

So I was wondering, say I have a crappy compressed acapella track, along with the normal track as a perfect FLAC, is it possible to use the acapella inverted to remove the vocals from the original track as much as possible, then invert what's left and add it back to the original track, getting a better quality acapella track in the end? Is this nonsense or is it common practice?
amar__
ACAS4U Rookie now off the mark
ACAS4U Rookie now off the mark

Downloads/Uploads: 4 / 0
Dj or Producer?: Music Producer - just starting out
Soundcloud Page: soundcloud.com/
My favourite website is: www.

Re: Using a crappy acapella to create a good quality acapell

Postby Beleto on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:56 pm

It isn't common practice to make a instrumental using the vocals and the original song because it rarely works for people. If you can find this CD ( https://www.discogs.com/Aaliyah-Are-You ... ase/346060 ) You can invert the acapella over the original version and see for yourself that it is possible, but the vocals have to match the original perfectly.

It's not worth wasting too much time trying to make the instrumental using crappy vocals because the vocals have to be very good quality to begin with.
Beleto
No longer the Rookie
No longer the Rookie

Downloads/Uploads: 490 / 82