Welcome to ACAPELLAS4U, Free Acapellas Vocals Dj tools Downloads

Your original leading free studio quality acapellas provider.

Twitter Facebook Top100 Pellas

Eskimo Disco Remix competition Exclusive to ACAPELLAS4U

Here at Acapellas4u we regularly hold fantastic competitions with absolutely Awesome prizes! Keep an eye out within here for the next one and you could be a winner!

Moderators: Forum Staff, admin

Eskimo Disco Remix competition Exclusive to ACAPELLAS4U

Postby acapella on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:56 am

Winner announced here

Direct Jump to the Top 10 finalists HERE

ImageImageImage

54 Records proudly presents:
Eskimo Disco - Mission Control remix Exclusive to ACAPELLAS4U

Ever wanted one of your mixes released on iTunes? Well, now you can!

We at 54 Records have been listening closely to you all on ACAPELLAS4U and discovered that there is some amazing talent here.
So we felt an Official Remix Competition; exclusive to ACAPELLAS4U would get you all going a bit gooey inside.
The winner will receive a signed copy of the debut album, an Eskimo Disco T-Shirt AND the winning mix will be released on iTunes!! Not bad eh?!

The song “Mission Control” will be the next single release by Eskimo Disco and is also featured on the bands' debut album; which will be released later this year by 54 Records. The original song and cool new video can been viewed below.

What we would like from you is to record a totally new version of the song… something special, something crazy, something cool, just let the creative flow loose…any genre; any style.

About Eskimo Disco:

• FOR FANS OF THE KLAXONS, DATAROCK, DEPECHE MODE, YAZOO, HEAVEN 17, and THE BETA BAND
• A HIGHLY POLISHED DEBUT FROM THE BAND SIGNED TO CULT LABEL STIFF. ECLECTIC, IT ENCOMPASSES DISCO, INDIE, NEW WAVE & PUNK FUNK WITH PERFECT RESULTS
• PRODUCED BY LEGEND HOWARD GRAY OF APPOLLO 440 (RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CURE, ART BRUT, U2)
• ESKIMO DISCO ARE A FAVOURITE ON THE LIVE SCENE HAVING PLAYED WITH ARCTIC MONKEYS, THE YOUNG KNIVES, CHROMEO TO NAME BUT A FEW.
• ESKIMO DISCO HAVE ALSO WORKED WITH KIDS TV FAVOURITE PINGU ON 2006 CHART SINGLE 7-11!

Robots and Laptop Dancers Make Good Friends is produced by Howard Gray who has worked with everyone from Art Brut to U2 and is founding member of Apollo 440. The album follows the recent success of their second single ‘What is Woman?’, released by the legendary Stiff Records and appearing on The Big Stiff Box Set compilation, which spans Stiff’s thirty year career.

Prior to this was the sensational first single 7-11, which saw the band immortalised in plasticine as friends of cult animation figure Pingu. The brilliant video, created by Hit Entertainment, sparked a YouTube frenzy with thre¬e quarters of a million hits and a number 15 chart position.

Please read the rules carefully before entering!

I have uploaded the vocals to the song, including 2 harmony parts, which are recorded at 134bpm in AIFF format.

Download the vocal parts: (right click, Save As)

part 1 Main | part 2 Harmony 1| part 3 Harmony 2

(all file sizes are 41.8mb)

The Rules:

We wanted to keep the rules down to a minimum, so you could have total creative control over how the mix will sound, however as the mix will be released to the world; you must follow these few general rules.

1. The mix MUST be completely original and NOT a mash-up of another song using the vocal parts as supplied above.
  2. If you intend to use samples, they MUST be all royalty free. (The winner will be required to sign an agreement stating that no Copyright Protected material has been used. Please note; you will be legally responsible if any Copyrighted samples are discovered).
  3. The song length, tempo and style are entirely your choice, just use some common sense and keep the song reasonably short; so we don’t get bored.
  4. The winning mix will become the property of Eskimo Disco and released on iTunes by 54 Records. Credits will be shown in the song title for the winning artist.
  5. The Competition entries and winning mix will be judged by Eskimo Disco and the Partners of 54 Records.
  6. Entries must be submitted before 1st April 2008.
  7. Once the competition is closed the Judges will select 10 mixes to enter a Final. These 10 mixes will be available to hear on ACAPELLAS4U before we announce the winner.
  8. All mixes must be emailed to Jefferson@54records.com in mp3 format and encoded no less than 190kbps.
  9. The winning mix will be picked within two weeks of the competition closing date and the winner will be notified by email and also announced on ACAPELLAS4U
  10. The winner will receive an Eskimo Disco T-Shirt, a singed copy of the debut album “Robots And Laptop Dancers Make Good Friends” and the winning mix will be released on iTunes. It may also be used on the bands’ profile sites, such as Myspace.com and lastFM.com.

Myspace video:

Good luck from us all at Eskimo Disco/54 Records !
acapella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Downloads/Uploads: 135 / 263

Postby David JEFFERSON on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:15 am

let's work !!!
David JEFFERSON
No longer the Rookie
No longer the Rookie

Downloads/Uploads: 233 / 6

Postby austinwhite on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:55 am

WTF it wont let me download!!!!!!!! click the link the right click and save? it's not letting me do it! i dont wanna get jipped out of this competition!
austinwhite
No longer the Rookie
No longer the Rookie

Downloads/Uploads: 109 / 0

Postby ChunkyEatsMyDinner on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:15 am

Are we allowed to submit 2 different mixes?
For example a drum n bass mix and and RnB mix?

Oh, and are the rumours true that A4U has made a conscious decision to block austinwhite from downloading the parts?!
Give it 5 minutes mate and see if they change their mind! :lol:
ChunkyEatsMyDinner

Downloads/Uploads: 345 / 81

Postby jeyh87 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:28 am

austinwhite wrote:WTF it wont let me download!!!!!!!! click the link the right click and save? it's not letting me do it! i dont wanna get jipped out of this competition!

It won't let me download either..hmm
jeyh87
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Downloads/Uploads: 69 / 0

Postby andre3k1 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:37 am

jeyh87 wrote:
austinwhite wrote:WTF it wont let me download!!!!!!!! click the link the right click and save? it's not letting me do it! i dont wanna get jipped out of this competition!

It won't let me download either..hmm
this will be fun!

p.s. try downloading again in a few minutes (it worked for me)
andre3k1
ACAS4U Rookie now off the mark

Downloads/Uploads: 25 / 2

Postby ChunkyEatsMyDinner on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 pm

lovegravy wrote:
devilzone wrote:great stuff...

Curiosity leads me to ask, if they own the winning material, presumably that means the winner earns no income from any sales on itunes?

Sorry guys no royalty awards on this one, however we may be calling on the winner again for further mixes in the future and that's a different story.

Feel free to PM me with any problems....I am happy to help.

There have been no commments on the actual song/video yet, what do you guys think of it, cool?

J

Its not my usual taste in music but still a really nice song, so many competitions are of a really cack 3 year old songs that the label are probably just trying to milk a few more pennies out of for little work.
This one gets a big thumbs up from me and should be interesting to turn it into my style of music.
Ill get to work as soon as Ive replaced all my EXS24 samples which I deleted :evil:
(A word of warning to Logic 8 users.... dont delete Garageband!! :oops:)
ChunkyEatsMyDinner

Postby freezegelman on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:34 am

any chance the original song can be posted (separate from the music video) so remixers can listen to it and get ideas?
freezegelman
ACAS4U Referral Ambassador

Downloads/Uploads: 24 / 0

Postby benderiq on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:53 pm

great! begin : )
benderiq

Downloads/Uploads: 180 / 0

Postby djKevinMack on Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:54 am

I like pie
djKevinMack

Downloads/Uploads: 253 / 0

Im done! :D

Postby dj_mp3 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:40 am

Ez. Just finished, :cheesy: :arrow: LINK REMOVED for my version. Or :arrow: LINK REMOVED
dj_mp3
No longer the Rookie
No longer the Rookie

Downloads/Uploads: 200 / 2

Postby Royal Tee on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:55 am

Hmmm, I like the song.... I may just throw my hat into this 1. :smt029
Royal Tee
ACAS4U - a full PHAT 11/10!

Downloads/Uploads: 229 / 0

Postby Pylon on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi guys,
This sounds like a great competition!
Would it be ok to put this on myspace when I have finished?
I like the original track - will see what I can do with it.
Pylon

Downloads/Uploads: 15 / 0

Postby Pylon on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:06 pm

Cheers Mr. Gravey!!!
Just thought i'd check this.
Cheers for letting me know - should be done soon....................
Pylon

Downloads/Uploads: 15 / 0

Re: Im done! :D

Postby acapella on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:35 pm

dj_mp3 wrote:Ez. Just finished, :cheesy: :arrow: LINK REMOVED for my version. Or :arrow: LINK REMOVED

dj_mp3, the fact that you already have an official warning by your account makes us feel that you have difficulty understanding rules on forums/sites?

I have removed your links as you obviously have NOT read the rules regarding this remix competition and the fact that you've also 'created' something for this comp. in less than a week makes me feel it wouldn't be that great also 8)

So, here's what I say to you, IF you're serious about contributing around here, be it with forum posts, activley taking part in competitions, read the fookin' rules first :)

pylon wrote:Cheers Mr. Gravey!!!
Just thought i'd check this, as it seems people have already jumped the gun?
Cheers for letting me know - should be done soon....................(and it won't go on myspace)

Now sorted out - see above.

Mr Gravy: If you would like for me to EDIT the rules stating the obvious about use of the vox then let me know.

Regards,

acapella
[NEW] Our 2014 Survey's started and you can WIN 250 Bonus Downloads! ENTER HERE
Have you grabbed our 'Top 100 acapellas of all time' PLUS key analysis yet? FREE INSTANT ACCESS
Want some Top-Rated Acapella packs? INSTANT DOWNLOAD HER
acapella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby richc100 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:43 pm

KevinMack wrote:I like pie

aftr a cuple days of thought i have found an answer! i agree! :P
WOOHOO! WOOHOO! THIS IS RANDOM! BUT STILL........WOOHOO!
richc100
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Downloads/Uploads: 261 / 0

Postby empra on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:17 pm

hello 54 rec and accapella people!

I would really like to make a remix (Actually I already made a remix)
my problem is to agree with rule number 4...

I think that the vocal is only 30% of the remix and the other 70% is the work of the remixer...!
So I think it's really not fair if the winner of the contest only get a cd and a t-shirt...
Im not shure if i should send my remix to 54 records! I think its better to delete it...

what do op think? and what do you think? :?:

cheers

:arrow: http://www.myspace.com/djempra

Downloads/Uploads: 8 / 0

Postby ChunkyEatsMyDinner on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:29 am

Ok, if the comp was only for a cd and clothing I would want a pair of Kylie's undies to make it worth my while.
But this is a good opportunity for almost unknown producers like myself to get some recognition and get a mix signed to a label.
Although Im liking your sound on your myspace, maybe you should delete that mix, it might be better than mine :lol:
ChunkyEatsMyDinner

Postby The Cutter on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:44 am

empra wrote:.....my problem is to agree with rule number 4...
So I think it's really not fair if the winner of the contest only get a cd

what do op think? and what do you think? :?:

Yes you could look at it this way but look at it from the perspective that you are unknown and this is a good opportunity to get your foot in the door so to speak. You never know what could happen for the person who creates the winning mix.

Everyone has to start from the bottom to get anywhere in this business.

So what do you have to loose?
Click The Remote!

The Cutter
Special friend
Special friend

Downloads/Uploads: 38 / 16

Postby wordupdawg007 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:07 am

i'm in.
but i don't think samples are gonna cut it.
i'm gonna load it into my 8 track, bounce it a bit and work up from there.
i feel a blink182/greenday type of jam in this.

i do have a question, though - can we add to the vox tracks or would you like it un-molested?
wordupdawg007

Downloads/Uploads: 64 / 0

Postby Jacks Wax on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:39 pm

Funny enough, I recently had contact with a chart topping band (in a studio engineering way) and they asked me if I knew any good re-mixers to do a track from their new album!

I like the idea of record companies embracing the bedroom talent out there instead of trying to get their ISP to delete them! Is this the internet version of 'Re-MiXfactor where everyday members of the public doing ordinary jobs get the chance to get noticed and end up re-mixing for record companies as a job??
If you can call re-mixing a job it's a bit like being a chocolate taster, or a wine taster.

Any chance of the Ableton file with all of the individual tracks? I'm assuming some sampling of the original tracks instruments is OK?
Jacks Wax
No longer the Rookie
No longer the Rookie

Downloads/Uploads: 33 / 0

Postby empra on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:04 pm

The Cutter wrote:Yes you could look at it this way but look at it from the perspective that you are unknown and this is a good opportunity to get your foot in the door so to speak. You never know what could happen for the person who creates the winning mix.

Everyone has to start from the bottom to get anywhere in this business.

So what do you have to loose?

i am stil not happy about rule number 4.

but thats also a good view...
lets try it! ;)

cheers

:arrow: http://www.myspace.com/djempra

Downloads/Uploads: 8 / 0

Postby nicole on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:37 am

That's a catchy track. Just wish I had the time to have a go.

Regarding rule 4: If you don't like the rules then don't enter. Simple as....

Also, may I suggest that any person breaking the rules incurs automatic disqualification. They may then pay some attention to all of them.
nicole
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Downloads/Uploads: 132 / 0

Postby otg on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:14 pm

The rules wrote:8. All mixes must be emailed to Jefferson@54records.com in mp3 format and encoded no less than 190kbps.

My email host won't allow me to send files > 5mb. OK to post it somewhere like SendSpace and email the link instead?
otg
Arh baby, ACAS4U's gotta hold on me.
Arh baby, ACAS4U's gotta hold on me.

Downloads/Uploads: 45 / 40

Re: Im done! :D

Postby dj_mp3 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:53 am

Acapella Said
the fact that you've also 'created' something for this comp. in less than a week makes me feel it wouldn't be that great also 8)

Umm I just work fast ok :D! Trust me, not to sound cocky but I know what I'm doing and the response from j was "Holy s**t." Im just have a fast quality production. And apologies, if I misread some rules.
dj_mp3
No longer the Rookie
No longer the Rookie

Downloads/Uploads: 200 / 2

Postby tim.gosden on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:15 am

Are there any rules against signed artists entering? If not, I'm gonna give this a shot!

Tim.
tim.gosden
Supremo ACAS4U Member
Supremo ACAS4U Member

Downloads/Uploads: 108 / 1

Postby mikey1 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:02 pm

I have nearly finished my remix I just need confirmation of something. I have used some samples and it says on the CD that they are royalty free, - is that the same as copyright free. I don't want to act stupid but I don't want to get in trouble for using samples!!!
mikey1

Downloads/Uploads: 147 / 6

Postby wordupdawg007 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:38 am

i just submitted my entry.
hope you like it.

~dawg
wordupdawg007

Downloads/Uploads: 64 / 0

Postby mikey1 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Also I need to confirm that these samples are copyright free as I might be using some of these samples to enter the remix competition.

I used Korg KPR77 posted in this topic drum sounds http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/topic7024.html
and house drum kit posted here http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/topic6700.html?highlight=
mikey1

Downloads/Uploads: 147 / 6

Postby acapella on Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:02 pm

mikey1 wrote:Also I need to confirm that these samples are copyright free as I might be using some of these samples to enter the remix competition.

I used Korg KPR77 posted in this topic drum sounds http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/topic7024.html
and house drum kit posted here http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/topic6700.html?highlight=

I've answered this via PM.

Please do not create duplicate posts aswell as PM'ing members of staff in future. One or the other will suffice ;)
[NEW] Our 2014 Survey's started and you can WIN 250 Bonus Downloads! ENTER HERE
Have you grabbed our 'Top 100 acapellas of all time' PLUS key analysis yet? FREE INSTANT ACCESS
Want some Top-Rated Acapella packs? INSTANT DOWNLOAD HER
acapella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next