Direct Jump to the Top 10 finalists HERE
54 Records proudly presents:
Eskimo Disco - Mission Control remix Exclusive to ACAPELLAS4U
Ever wanted one of your mixes released on iTunes? Well, now you can!
We at 54 Records have been listening closely to you all on ACAPELLAS4U and discovered that there is some amazing talent here.
So we felt an Official Remix Competition; exclusive to ACAPELLAS4U would get you all going a bit gooey inside.
The winner will receive a signed copy of the debut album, an Eskimo Disco T-Shirt AND the winning mix will be released on iTunes!! Not bad eh?!
The song “Mission Control” will be the next single release by Eskimo Disco and is also featured on the bands' debut album; which will be released later this year by 54 Records. The original song and cool new video can been viewed below.
What we would like from you is to record a totally new version of the song… something special, something crazy, something cool, just let the creative flow loose…any genre; any style.
About Eskimo Disco:
• FOR FANS OF THE KLAXONS, DATAROCK, DEPECHE MODE, YAZOO, HEAVEN 17, and THE BETA BAND
• A HIGHLY POLISHED DEBUT FROM THE BAND SIGNED TO CULT LABEL STIFF. ECLECTIC, IT ENCOMPASSES DISCO, INDIE, NEW WAVE & PUNK FUNK WITH PERFECT RESULTS
• PRODUCED BY LEGEND HOWARD GRAY OF APPOLLO 440 (RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CURE, ART BRUT, U2)
• ESKIMO DISCO ARE A FAVOURITE ON THE LIVE SCENE HAVING PLAYED WITH ARCTIC MONKEYS, THE YOUNG KNIVES, CHROMEO TO NAME BUT A FEW.
• ESKIMO DISCO HAVE ALSO WORKED WITH KIDS TV FAVOURITE PINGU ON 2006 CHART SINGLE 7-11!
Robots and Laptop Dancers Make Good Friends is produced by Howard Gray who has worked with everyone from Art Brut to U2 and is founding member of Apollo 440. The album follows the recent success of their second single ‘What is Woman?’, released by the legendary Stiff Records and appearing on The Big Stiff Box Set compilation, which spans Stiff’s thirty year career.
Prior to this was the sensational first single 7-11, which saw the band immortalised in plasticine as friends of cult animation figure Pingu. The brilliant video, created by Hit Entertainment, sparked a YouTube frenzy with thre¬e quarters of a million hits and a number 15 chart position.
Please read the rules carefully before entering!
I have uploaded the vocals to the song, including 2 harmony parts, which are recorded at 134bpm in AIFF format.
Download the vocal parts: (right click, Save As)
part 1 Main | part 2 Harmony 1| part 3 Harmony 2
(all file sizes are 41.8mb)
We wanted to keep the rules down to a minimum, so you could have total creative control over how the mix will sound, however as the mix will be released to the world; you must follow these few general rules.
- The mix MUST be completely original and NOT a mash-up of another song using the vocal parts as supplied above.
- If you intend to use samples, they MUST be all royalty free. (The winner will be required to sign an agreement stating that no Copyright Protected material has been used. Please note; you will be legally responsible if any Copyrighted samples are discovered).
- The song length, tempo and style are entirely your choice, just use some common sense and keep the song reasonably short; so we don’t get bored.
- The winning mix will become the property of Eskimo Disco and released on iTunes by 54 Records. Credits will be shown in the song title for the winning artist.
- The Competition entries and winning mix will be judged by Eskimo Disco and the Partners of 54 Records.
- Entries must be submitted before 1st April 2008.
- Once the competition is closed the Judges will select 10 mixes to enter a Final. These 10 mixes will be available to hear on ACAPELLAS4U before we announce the winner.
- All mixes must be emailed to [email protected] in mp3 format and encoded no less than 190kbps.
- The winning mix will be picked within two weeks of the competition closing date and the winner will be notified by email and also announced on ACAPELLAS4U
- The winner will receive an Eskimo Disco T-Shirt, a singed copy of the debut album “Robots And Laptop Dancers Make Good Friends” and the winning mix will be released on iTunes. It may also be used on the bands’ profile sites, such as Myspace.com and lastFM.com.
Good luck from us all at Eskimo Disco/54 Records !