Welcome to ACAPELLAS4U, Free Acapellas Vocals Dj tools Downloads

Your original leading free studio quality acapellas provider.

Twitter Facebook Top100 Pellas

Comp Group Three

Here at Acapellas4u we regularly hold fantastic competitions with absolutely Awesome prizes! Keep an eye out within here for the next one and you could be a winner!

Moderators: Forum Staff, admin

Vote for your Favorite Remix

DJ Leethal
24%
Shmanks
2%
DJ Complex
7%
DJ Rapko
12%
Se7en
27%
G Money
27%

Total votes : 41

Comp Group Three

Postby Lexus on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:37 am

Group Three

DJ Leethal / Remic posted Click here
UnitedKronos - Left Comp
Shmanks / Remix Posted Click Here
DJ Complex / Remix Posted Click here
djrapko / Remix posted Click Here
Se7en / Remix Posted Click here
DJ Shaun Failed to submit Remix
GMoney / Remix Posted Click here
Tonto Failed to Submit Remix
Ological Failed to Submit Remix

Peace
Lexus
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 448 / 22

Postby shmanks on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:44 pm

well its time for the moment of truth well here it is:

Instrumental : Dr.Dre - Put it On Me
Acapella: Beastie Boys - Time
Sample : Beastie Boys - an open letter to new york (chorus)

well have fun with this one cuz i know i did lol good luck everyone else
shmanks
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Downloads/Uploads: 66 / 5

Postby DJ LMA aka DJ Leethal on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:06 am

Aight done wit my mix.

Used:

Beastie Boys - Time (Acapella)
Eminem - White America (Acapella)
Beat provided by one of my homies

That's it, enjoy and VOTE FOR ME!

Peace out.
DJ LMA aka DJ Leethal
Arh baby, ACAS4U's gotta hold on me.

Downloads/Uploads: 210 / 12

Postby SE7EN on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:09 pm

Beastie Boys - Time (SE7EN MIX):

Beastie Boys - Time (Acapella)
Sporty Thievez - Even Cheaper (Instrumental)
Lloyd Banks - Warrior Part 2 (Acapella)
Additional Samples Taken From Various "DJ Tools" Files

Best of luck to all involved :)

Peace!
SE7EN
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 806 / 15
Dj or Producer?: Both Dj and Producer

Postby GMoney on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:49 pm

Hope this counts, I didn't realize until 10 minutes ago that it had to be in by 12PM.

This is all me, all custom done in Reason 3.0.

Here it is.

http://www.djmixcontest.com/GMoney_BBoys_Time.mp3
GMoney
Supremo ACAS4U Member
Supremo ACAS4U Member

Downloads/Uploads: 119 / 12

Postby Lexus on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:28 pm

Voting Is Now Open... Please Vote for your Favorite Remix!!!! Top three mixes will make it through to the next round!!!

Good luck everyone...

Peace
Lexus
Special Member
Special Member

Postby GMoney on Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:46 pm

Wicked tracks y'all!

I am humbled to be amongst such talent! :)

Good luck everybody!

EDIT: -> Side note, looks like our little group has the most even voting thus far, which I think is awesome. Gonna' be a close one!
GMoney
Supremo ACAS4U Member
Supremo ACAS4U Member

Postby In Silico on Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Some sounded good, some were awful. :roll:

I voted GMoney, because I liked the chop, and all the beatz were original. :smt023

It was tough between a few of them though. You were definately up there rapko.

Leethal, technically excellent. I liked the beginning, but I thought it was way off to throw that much of the EM 'pella in there. It sounded like you were not sure which track you were mixing up. :oops:

Happy voting!
わたし は コンピューター です、ぼくの 愛
In Silico
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 62 / 7

Postby Choo on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:37 pm

Well I voted for Lethal, the mix is solid, the intro makes sense with the vibe of the song, America and the US.

Nobody try to start mixing and DJ wars now. Let the people/friends decide this round to see who has the best mix. We can all agree the Beastie Boys are tough to mix, everyone brings something different to the table, that's it.

D J. Choo
Choo

Downloads/Uploads: 143 / 3

Postby DJ Sho-Tyme on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:43 pm

Djrapko.......are you always that self involved with yourself...is there anything you cant do....you cant show respect thats for sure. everyone else is F'n tryin as well, your no better than the rest of us. to say yours and leethals are the best seems to me like a you scratch my back i scratch your back deal. its nice to see you have some friends left after abusing other Djs like that

and neither of your mixes (no offence to leethal by the way, hes not insulting the rest of us, i would actually prefer his mix) are worth bragging about.

and you may be thinking, wait a minute your not even in this group, but when you put down everyone whos tried just as hard or even harder than you have, your insulting me. i wouldn't have even said anything if you had posted an out of this world no one can match or beat remix, but you didnt.....not close
DJ Sho-Tyme
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Downloads/Uploads: 198 / 26

Postby DJ Sho-Tyme on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:45 pm

sorry man but it seems like your only sayin this coz your actually not in the top three.
DJ Sho-Tyme
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Postby The Cutter on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:57 pm

Alright, I've got to say this.

NO MORE COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me this shows poor djpersonship(i.e. poor sportsmenship). It is disrespectful to those who are participating especially Lexus who has put in a lot of time and energy. There are some members in this comp who haven't even recieved a single vote and you do not see them complaining(regardless of how good or bad their mix might be).

Mr. C.
Click The Remote!

The Cutter
Special friend
Special friend

Downloads/Uploads: 38 / 16

Postby DJ Sho-Tyme on Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:04 am

i agree.......regardless of who you are or who you think you are....we all put in the effort to post up our mixes, just like the moderators are putting in their time and effort to run this little comp. for someone to claim they are better than everyone else is hard to believe since they arent makin it into round two so far. just lets see how it all unfolds and lets hope the people who deserve to make it into round 2 do.....

on that note, cutter, sorry bro but i just have a feelin this is gonna get worse coming into round two my friend
DJ Sho-Tyme
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Postby DJ LMA aka DJ Leethal on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:52 am

good job rapko & gmoney. got some good mixes ta bump on my comp.
DJ LMA aka DJ Leethal

Postby DJ_Patron(A-zona) on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:53 am

ayo leethal you got my vote fo' sho. Mix is well done.
DJ_Patron(A-zona)
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 82 / 6

Postby GMoney on Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:47 am

(completely ignoring the drama - RAPKO - which persumably stands for RAP KNOCK OUT or maybe RAP KIDDIE ODOODLES)

Here's my analysis:

DJ Leethal

The Eminem bits sound like they're rather low on the quality scale. It throws up a flag right at the start for that reason. But once I got over that and the beat kicked in... wow, just wow. Frigging amazing beat man! Literally gave me tingles. And sounded good with the pella! I see you did some work with the pella too, cuttin' it up and having "time" repeat/echo and fade during the chorus, little touches like that really stand out to me. Overall just a fantastic mix, but to be honest, the Eminem pella actually suits it BETTER than the Beasties. I think the mix as a whole would be one of, if not the best Eminem mixes I've ever heard (if you can just grab a better quality Eminem pella). As is it really sounds like the Beasties are just added to compliment Eminem. Eminem, though he has less air time on the track, dominates it.

Shmanks

Been bumpin' this to/from work like mad! Tight beat. Only thing I don't like is how the New York bits are off beat... not a beatmatch problem perse, more like you purposely shifted them. I respect you were trying to switch it up that way but it just throws the flow of the otherwise good tune off a bit. Really do like that beat with the Time pella. Seems like you mucked about with the shifting of both pellas quite a lot. Either way, love the beat and the vibe!

DJ Complex

Some issues with the Eminem at the start again, before the Beasties come in you can hear that the Em sample isn't chopped properly. It has this little "blip" like he's about to start up again, then the Beasties come in. Overall it sounds like it has potential, but is unfinished. The beat is a solid start but needs some further instruments and/or samples to complete it. Interestingly enough, I'd say Complex submitted the least "complex" mix of the bunch! :) Good start, sounds unfinished.

djrapko

Reminds me of hockey night in Canada. And then there's a vocal tag about "reppin' the white rappers".... are you KIDDING ME? THEN... THEN... just as the beat picks up and things actually start getting good (and they really DO start getting good, like real good, love the beats), there's thi... th.... thi.... THIS.... WTF? It made me dizzy. I actually frantically grabbed for my MP3 player in the car thinking somehow a tape got shoved into it and it was being eaten.

<had a bunch more typed but can't be bothered>

Se7en

Quality, quality, QUALITY! That is to say, quality beats, quality effort, quality issues (bitrate?). My only complaint is that the whole thing sounded a bit on the fuzzy side, was not as clear as it could be presumably because you either did this live, or recorded/arranged from a source other than the PC. But who gives a s**t, THIS TRACK IS THE BOMB! (and no, not the liquidy "but it's just a juice box" kind) The vocal samples you added in are spot fawkin' on. One of my favourites of the bunch, and from a technical standpoint far superior to most. Scratching and stuff is A+++++++++. Love this mix a lot. And in terms of DJ skill/value, this is the best of the bunch. WHY you don't have more votes is way, WAY beyond me.

LISTEN TO THIS ONE Y'ALL!!!!! SE7EN ROXORS!!! (or however the hackers say that)

GMoney

I shall now review my own remix...

It sounds like this JERK made this remix in 10 minutes and tried to make it as "weak weak weak" as possible. Seriously. I am completely insulted that this "GMONEY" jerkwadd would insult somebody as incredibly talented as ME. I'm really glad you didn't use any other vocal samples... WTF? YOU CALL THIS A REMIX? This thing is a catastrophe. I have crapped remixes better than this. Seriously, ask my toilet. He'll tell you the "hole" story. MY mix is far superior to this one, and furthermore MY mix is by far the best technical mix here (technically speaking, visa vi, heretofore and henceforth). If I had my druthers, I'd just cut this mix from the competition, you can't even begin to compare it to my own.
GMoney
Supremo ACAS4U Member
Supremo ACAS4U Member

Postby Lexus on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:19 am

thecutter wrote:Alright, I've got to say this.

NO MORE COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me this shows poor djpersonship(i.e. poor sportsmenship). It is disrespectful to those who are participating especially Lexus who has put in a lot of time and energy. There are some members in this comp who haven't even recieved a single vote and you do not see them complaining(regardless of how good or bad their mix might be).

Mr. C.

I could not of said it better Myself Bro... Good Words!!!

Peace
Lexus
Special Member
Special Member

Postby Lexus on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:23 am

djrapko wrote:it can quickly become a popularity contest, instead of focusin on skill.

This is not the case Bro, In this round the members will vote for who they want to go through to next round!! Everybody keeps on about freedom of speech this freedom of speech that!! Well this is the silent way of doing it!! In this round all the members of Acas4u have the freedom to vote for who they want to!

Peace
Lexus
Special Member
Special Member

Postby SE7EN on Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:09 am

GMoney wrote:Se7en

Quality, quality, QUALITY! That is to say, quality beats, quality effort, quality issues (bitrate?). My only complaint is that the whole thing sounded a bit on the fuzzy side, was not as clear as it could be presumably because you either did this live, or recorded/arranged from a source other than the PC. But who gives a s**t, THIS TRACK IS THE BOMB! (and no, not the liquidy "but it's just a juice box" kind) The vocal samples you added in are spot fawkin' on. One of my favourites of the bunch, and from a technical standpoint far superior to most. Scratching and stuff is A+++++++++. Love this mix a lot. And in terms of DJ skill/value, this is the best of the bunch. WHY you don't have more votes is way, WAY beyond me.

LISTEN TO THIS ONE Y'ALL!!!!! SE7EN ROXORS!!! (or however the hackers say that)

Thanks for the kind words bro, it's very much appriciated :)

I don't wanna add fuel to the fire by commenting on the drama that's surrounding this competition, so all i will say is best of luck to everyone.

Peace :)
SE7EN
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 806 / 15
Dj or Producer?: Both Dj and Producer

Postby wcwc on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:08 am

this group soooo hard to decide who to vote for!!! in the end i voted for SE7EN. DJ_Leethal's was well done also, and whoever your homie is that gave you that beat- they have maaaaad talent. GMoney's track was incredible, his talent on producing is amazing- could hear some scott storch influence there! overall i think this was the best group imo. great work everyone here
wcwc
ACAS4U - a full PHAT 11/10!
ACAS4U - a full PHAT 11/10!

Downloads/Uploads: 171 / 11

Postby In Silico on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:54 pm

djrapko wrote:i'm still learning reason, but i have a feeling some of my stuff would put a lot of this game's producers to shame. reason is the real deal man.

Then why didn't you? You're down by 7 points here bro, not time to be frontin' about putting your competition to shame.
わたし は コンピューター です、ぼくの 愛
In Silico
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 62 / 7

Postby djpuente on Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:42 pm

Man this one gets a "ladys with claws" group.....HAHAHA

LEEEEEEEETHAL...i gotta be honest...it's your mix i liked most in here.
The part of Eminem was "so so def...uhmmm dope" :)
U should make a remix of the eminem song only with that beat man.
That sounds real heavy.
Complex: your mix is on time too. Everything fits. But all over its nothin special.

Shmanks:
Nice choice of beat. Sound is tight!! Tho the left and right effects were annoyin to me and in some spots it was just too much. Tho its an aight mix.
Dunno why but i always think on J.Lo - Jenny from da block......"Children grow and women producin`Men.. go workin`Some go stealin`Everyone`s got to make a living"...

Rapko - very very nice beat. You r in my top 5 (of all the groups), too.
Like the vibe the song got now.
In some spots the pella sounds a lil CUT as if u havent had enough time. Thats a pitty.
All over a nice one still!

"7even"....also nice beat and a nice collection of samples. Sounds very cool, bro.

GMoney
I like the concept of that beat.
Especially the combination of flute and the deep brass.
Could u send me those samples via pm/email/msn? Would appreciate it.
I like that mix. Its way different from the others and deserves some extra applause for own beat production.

Final:
Some people in here overrate themselves pretty much. People who say they produce a beat in 10 mins or so just disrespect the work of others people.

Leethal won close. PEACE
GSR: G Unit Soldiers Remixed Mixtape 2006/07 RELEASED!!:
Click HERE
STILL AVAILABLE!!!
COMIN SOON: REMIX-UNIT presents AS DIRTY AS SOUTH by DJ PUENTE!!!!

MY WEBSITE: http://www.REMIX-UNIT.com
MY SOUNDCLICK: http://www.soundclick.com/djpuente
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/puentedarkside

[img]http://remixunit.de.vu/nourl.png[/img]
djpuente
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 141 / 7

Postby Viktor K on Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:48 pm

In Silico wrote:
djrapko wrote:i'm still learning reason, but i have a feeling some of my stuff would put a lot of this game's producers to shame. reason is the real deal man.

Then why didn't you?

That is the exact same question that popped up in my brain too. Well you gave an answer to it and I respect it. I would have preferred hearing some of those beat making mad skills though. More fun with original productions (in my opinion).
Rapko please post a remix or something when you made the beat in Reason, im a reason (and Cubase) user myself so it's always interesting to hear what others have done. Im in to house and not hip-hop (have done one or two hip-hop beats though), but I try to look out for the custom productions.

On to this group, well it's sad it had to be so turbulent but I guess it's bound to happen in one group at least when it's competition.

My vote went to GMoneys cool custom Reason beat. Loving the flute, always have a soft spot for those kind of instruments. Sounds like a tough pella to remix but you pulled it off the best in my ears.

All for me.
Viktor K

Downloads/Uploads: 102 / 1

Postby DJ LMA aka DJ Leethal on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:52 am

thanks y'all for the feedback. I know i could of done alot better with this mix as well but my attept at the mix got messed up cause my program I was using was not responding and shut down on me (and i didn't save my progress along the way). I tried the best I could to match all that I had done from the day before and thought I still pulled off the mix nicely. I still think it a fly joint no doubt and can't wait to see our next pella we gonna use. Just wait 'till round 2, I promise the shi* gonna be fire.
DJ LMA aka DJ Leethal

Postby The Cutter on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:47 am

djpuente wrote:Man this one gets a "ladys with claws" group.....HAHAHA

To qoute Dj Prequel,

dj_prequel wrote:Lol! Quality!
Click The Remote!

The Cutter
Special friend
Special friend

Postby djpuente on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:46 pm

Thx rap.

I got both programs...Reason and FL Studio 6.
In my opinion Reason is more powerful tho im usin FL 6 right now for ma beats.
The sound quality of the with software delivered samples is way better in reason. The sounds of FL Studio 6 sound more like recorded with a plastic mic...but if u get yourself some nice VST(i)s then both proggis can work out real cool beats.
Will publish some in the next months.
But for now...im on vacation.
See ya peeps.
PEACE
GSR: G Unit Soldiers Remixed Mixtape 2006/07 RELEASED!!:
Click HERE
STILL AVAILABLE!!!
COMIN SOON: REMIX-UNIT presents AS DIRTY AS SOUTH by DJ PUENTE!!!!

MY WEBSITE: http://www.REMIX-UNIT.com
MY SOUNDCLICK: http://www.soundclick.com/djpuente
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/puentedarkside

[img]http://remixunit.de.vu/nourl.png[/img]
djpuente
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 141 / 7

Postby DJ Val on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:10 pm

djrapko please will you calm down a bit. Everybody is entitled to thier own opinion just as much as you are.
The voting systen is not based on popularity as you seem to think, it is based on how members percieve the different entries.
If everybody liked the same style of music in both genre or the way remixes are done, the world of music would be a very boring one.
Whether your ebtry is being voted for or not, there really is not need to be harshly critisising other entrants or for that matter other countries.
The whole object of this competition is for members to showcase there own style, techniques etc. and it is great to seem so many people entered this competition. But most of all it's about having fun and enjoying yourself in our competitions.
If competitions are going to casue so msuch bad feeling amoungst the entrants and voters, this will jepodise the future of holding further cometitions.
So everyone calm down, have fun and show each other some love and respect. What do you guyz usually say? "do you get me?" :D

Good luck to everyone who has entered the competition.
DJ Val
ACAS4U Shareowner
ACAS4U Shareowner

Downloads/Uploads: 118 / 47

Postby The Cutter on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:08 pm

My vote is for SE7EN but it was a close one.

Mr. C.
Click The Remote!

The Cutter
Special friend
Special friend

Postby brapko on Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:49 pm

djrapko wrote:yessuh i will suh

please massuh suh... us po' black folk aint lookin fo no trouble.
No... dont pull that out... no... not again massuh suh.. ill be a good po' slave.

;)

B-rap
brapko
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 183 / 0

Postby DJ Val on Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:12 pm

brapko wrote:
please massuh suh... us po' black folk aint lookin fo no trouble.
No... dont pull that out... no... not again massuh suh.. ill be a good po' slave.

;)

B-rap

Shut it
DJ Val
ACAS4U Shareowner
ACAS4U Shareowner

Downloads/Uploads: 118 / 47

Next