Welcome to ACAPELLAS4U, Free Acapellas Vocals Dj tools Downloads

Your original leading free studio quality acapellas provider.

Twitter Facebook Top100 Pellas

BEST VST FOR MASTERING ?

This is the place to discuss production techniques, hints and tips. Software related questions about Ableton, Reason, Cubase, Pro-Tools, Logic Audio Pro, FruityLoops, Acid. We also cover questions on hardware issues, soundcards, latency, discuss it all here. Oh, not forgetting vsti and plugins.

Moderators: Forum Staff, admin

Postby Hyperstate on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:45 pm

You're going to get sooooo many different opinions in this thread dude!
Before I weigh in with mine :D here's a lil bit of advice which is especially pertinent to you seeing as you are using fruity.
I would *HIGHLY* recommend you do your mastering externally to fruityloops... for two reasons, one it saves you cpu, two it removes the "magic wand" possibilities of having mastering plugin on the master bus (therefore making you put more effort into making sure your mix is as good as poss BEFORE mastering), and thirdly because you will get a better result running either a standalone version of ozone or t-racks (not sure if ozone has 1, I know t-racks does), or running it in something like soundforge.

I havn't used O4 yet, but after comparing the massive difference in how loud I can make stuff *without* having to smash the life out of it when I stopped using O3 and switched to t-racks 3, I have been using t-racks3 for a while now!
Hyperstate
ACAS4U - a full PHAT 11/10!

Downloads/Uploads: 37 / 1

Postby RDotPizano on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:28 pm

A plug-in cant "master" a track, it's a tool. No plugin can identify what is wrong with a track, what needs to be fixed, etc - that's up to the mastering engineer. A plugin will only aid in achieving your results. I use Waves plugins to do my final mastering. Ozone I've tried and it's great but I dont think it's essential or the best to have to master. Go with what helps you get the job done.

Also, mastering is not boosting the levels and squashing the hell out of it. That's just being competitive in the loudness wars. Mastering is the final step to ensure that the song is sonically good. It's also the point where you make fades as well as ensuring that each song in an album fits together.

Dont be fooled by people who call themselves a mastering engineer because they have an L2 and can boost the levels of a track. That's the least important part of mastering, infact, it's the worst part.
RDotPizano
ACAS4U Rookie now off the mark
ACAS4U Rookie now off the mark

Downloads/Uploads: 100 / 0

Re: BEST VST FOR MASTERING ?

Postby Ryuji on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:27 pm

thanks for the tips, I think waves are a little overrated, been using some of them myself.
Ryuji

Downloads/Uploads: 17 / 0

Re: BEST VST FOR MASTERING ?

Postby vsopmania on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm

ozone is good...but hiring a professional is worth it
vsopmania
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 4 / 0
Dj or Producer?: Music Producer - I know what DAW and latency are all about