Welcome to ACAPELLAS4U, Free Acapellas Vocals Dj tools Downloads

Your original leading free studio quality acapellas provider.

Twitter Facebook Top100 Pellas

Round Two Results!!!

Here at Acapellas4u we regularly hold fantastic competitions with absolutely Awesome prizes! Keep an eye out within here for the next one and you could be a winner!

Moderators: Forum Staff, admin

Round Two Results!!!

Postby Lexus on Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:15 am

Okay,

Right about now its time to announce what you been waiting for! The people going through to Round Three are as follows:-

Eric B
djrapko

Se7en
DJ Leethal

G Money
Blow

The Round two remixes were Judged bu DJ Val, Cutter and Myself!! On a whole we looked for good production, Sound Quality, creativity & the most important thing Timing!!!!! !! I hope everybody agrees with our Choices.

Thanks to everyone who took part in Round two!! Voting was really hard as there was so many quality remixes......

I hope to have Round Three listings and pellas up tomorrow / Thursday......

Good Job everyone

Peace
Lexus
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 448 / 22

Postby Seanza on Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Well done evry1 for gettin thru! Good luck in the next round & if any1 dropz out, a call 1st dibbz on their place :P lol!

Peace!
It's been a long time, shouldn't have left you...

The Cypha will be mine!!!
Seanza
ACAS4U Shareowner
ACAS4U Shareowner

Downloads/Uploads: 104 / 5

Postby habib1984 on Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:10 am

i dont know wat 2 say, i thought i put up a good mix, but yeh good luck to every1 still in it
habib1984
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 90 / 20

Postby vice verses on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:06 am

yea good luck everyone still in,...

i too thought my mix was worthy, but i guess we all think that of our own mixes!! lol

til next time gadget.....
V.V.
(the streets - stay positive)
Stop dreaming
People who say that are blaspheming
They're doing nine to five and moaning
And they don't want you succeeding when theyve blown it
And your idols - who are they?
They too dreamt about their day
vice verses
Supremo ACAS4U Member
Supremo ACAS4U Member

Downloads/Uploads: 300 / 0

Postby pretty_ugly on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:15 pm

i knew that my mix was garbage so haha no surprise that i didn't make it
pretty_ugly
ACAS4U - a full PHAT 11/10!

Downloads/Uploads: 232 / 54

Postby Choo on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:07 pm

Eyyy, good luck to the next 6, drop them excellent mixes, here!

Cheers,

Choo
Choo
Arh baby, ACAS4U's gotta hold on me.

Downloads/Uploads: 143 / 3

Postby GMoney on Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:02 pm

Looking forward to the next round, good luck y'all!
GMoney
Supremo ACAS4U Member
Supremo ACAS4U Member

Downloads/Uploads: 119 / 12

Postby SE7EN on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:14 pm

Well done to all, some great mixes all round i thought.

Best of luck to all in the next round, looking forward to it.

Peace :)
SE7EN
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 806 / 15
Dj or Producer?: Both Dj and Producer

Postby blow = Dj Smuggla on Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:15 pm

Yea well done to all that got thru... and good luck... :D

Bad luck to those who never...there were some heavy remixes last round...

Hope more will follow...

safe
blow = Dj Smuggla

Downloads/Uploads: 104 / 35

Postby DJ Sho-Tyme on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:28 am

now hate to sound like a sore loser, but i didnt agree with the decision made, in my opinion. you say that the main thing you judged was timing. if you d/l the original twerkulator and listen to G-money's mix (no offence man, i PM'd you bout this anyway) it isnt timed at all. just wonderin who came to that decision. i spose it would be good to leave the mix comp now tho coz i woulda hated being kicked out in the final round but another instance like this one.

also out of my own curiosity, if, for example an Aussie or NZ did win, wouldnt it cost too much outta pocket to ship the "free prize" over anyway
DJ Sho-Tyme
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Downloads/Uploads: 198 / 26

Postby GMoney on Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:26 am

^ You're correct and incorrect. It was definitely NOT timed the same as the original, which is not to say it was off beat. Just shifted. I liked it that way.
GMoney
Supremo ACAS4U Member
Supremo ACAS4U Member

Downloads/Uploads: 119 / 12

Postby wcwc on Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:06 am

well done to everyone who got through!
wcwc

Downloads/Uploads: 171 / 11

Postby DJ Sho-Tyme on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:27 am

GMoney wrote:^ You're correct and incorrect. It was definitely NOT timed the same as the original, which is not to say it was off beat. Just shifted. I liked it that way.

hey bro, didnt meant to offend you. i just though the way that lexus wrote 'and most importantly the timing' clearly the original would have at least been listened to to judge the mixes. that is the importance of the timing. how can you judge timing without listenin to the original or you wont know how the remix should sound. thats all i meant. as i PM'd ya, your mix was alright with the beat that it lined up to, i just felt that at this stage of the comp, ppl should be showin their skills.

you coulda blitzed it if only you lined up the verses, but with that said, you were still able to creep into the next round. whos laughin now...not me :D
DJ Sho-Tyme
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Postby EricB on Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:27 pm

Congrats to all that competed, much respect to you all.

See the rest of yas in the next round...

:)
EricB
No longer the Rookie
No longer the Rookie

Downloads/Uploads: 79 / 0

Postby Lexus on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:16 pm

DJ Sho-Tyme wrote:
GMoney wrote:^ You're correct and incorrect. It was definitely NOT timed the same as the original, which is not to say it was off beat. Just shifted. I liked it that way.

hey bro, didnt meant to offend you. i just though the way that lexus wrote 'and most importantly the timing' clearly the original would have at least been listened to to judge the mixes. that is the importance of the timing. how can you judge timing without listenin to the original or you wont know how the remix should sound. thats all i meant. as i PM'd ya, your mix was alright with the beat that it lined up to, i just felt that at this stage of the comp, ppl should be showin their skills.

you coulda blitzed it if only you lined up the verses, but with that said, you were still able to creep into the next round. whos laughin now...not me :D

Now listen, Timing to me on a remix means the dj's own interpritation of where the pella should sit.... A remix should not be compared to the original!! that is why its a remix ( a remix should be judged for what it is and not compared)......
Lexus
Special Member
Special Member

Postby Seanza on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:11 pm

Lexus wrote:Now listen, Timing to me on a remix means the dj's own interpritation of where the pella should sit.... A remix should not be compared to the original!! that is why its a remix ( a remix should be judged for what it is and not compared)......

Lexus a have to disagree with that. Ok a remix should be different from the original, therez no disputin that (az u know thatz what a alwayz say :wink: ) BUT there haz to be a certain degree of comparison. Even something lyke someone sayin "itz better than the original". Now there iz many a remix with the same beat az the original bit with a different pella added to or instead of the original.

Am sure everyone haz their own opinion on this matter & we could talk to the cowz come home. Am just givin myne az u & Sho-Tyme gave urz.

A will now post a topic asking "What Is A Remix To You?".

Peace
It's been a long time, shouldn't have left you...

The Cypha will be mine!!!
Seanza
ACAS4U Shareowner
ACAS4U Shareowner

Downloads/Uploads: 104 / 5

Postby The Cutter on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:09 pm

dj complex wrote:
Lexus wrote:Now listen, Timing to me on a remix means the dj's own interpritation of where the pella should sit.... A remix should not be compared to the original!! that is why its a remix ( a remix should be judged for what it is and not compared)......

So based on your theory i can remix a fast pella with a slow instrumental and it would be excellent because its different to the original.

In theory yes you could do this but you would still need to match the tempo between the two. So therefore neither the original pella or imental would be the same as before. You already know this. So why ask this question? What's your point?

As far a judging the mixes it's not all about the the timing. Yes timing is very important. We also look at how the mix was created. If someone were to just take both the pella and imental and slap them together without much alteration to either it wouldn't be as technical as when someone re-arranges(cut, edit, alter) both or even better if someone has the ability to create an original piece of music. As long as the original piece of music is put together well of course(if it sucks it sucks). There is also the likeability factor as well(this does not pertain to the mixer but the material used). So as you can read there is more involved in judging a mix than just timing alone.

We switched to the judging format for round two because to many of the members were complaing about how the voting was going by other members. We are trying to be as fair as possible so that everybody gets a fair shot.

Anymore questions?

Mr. C.
Click The Remote!

The Cutter
Special friend
Special friend

Downloads/Uploads: 38 / 16

Postby djpuente on Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:13 pm

dj complex wrote:

So based on your theory i can remix a fast pella with a slow instrumental and it would be excellent because its different to the original.

You seem to get EVERYTHING wrong Complex, dunno why...

A remix can be faster or slower it just depends on the mixers taste.
And if the acapella is 160 and the beat 80 it also fits. It just depends on the drumline and the way of the beat.
Timin in this case means the timin of the pella to the beat. I cant understand why people talk about its off beat when the pella is shifted a lil.
A normal complex remix with an existing pella to an existing beat will be boring after some time cause you seem to fear to play around with the music.
I try to cut the pella around the beat and dont say...ohh i need to find a pella that fits this or that beat.
When i think 50 cent gotta say things in another way than in the original song i make him say that by cuttin.
And those art is the timing meant by lexus, i think.
Wish good luck 2 the competetors who r still in the comp.
PEACE
GSR: G Unit Soldiers Remixed Mixtape 2006/07 RELEASED!!:
Click HERE
STILL AVAILABLE!!!
COMIN SOON: REMIX-UNIT presents AS DIRTY AS SOUTH by DJ PUENTE!!!!

MY WEBSITE: http://www.REMIX-UNIT.com
MY SOUNDCLICK: http://www.soundclick.com/djpuente
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/puentedarkside

[img]http://remixunit.de.vu/nourl.png[/img]
djpuente
Special Member
Special Member

Downloads/Uploads: 141 / 7

Postby djpuente on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:11 pm

HAHAHA Complex this post just disqualifies you so much. Nothing to add. LOL
You r a funk hater man.
Click HERE
STILL AVAILABLE!!!

djpuente
Special Member
Special Member

Postby Viktor K on Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:02 pm

dj complex wrote:So mixing an existing pella with an existing beat is boring because i seem to fear to play around with the music?????

Perhaps because im not a NERD. Maybe you should try getting a job, a missus and having a social life instead of hanging around the computer looking for online friends.

The way i mix is quick and effective and its your opinion if you dont like my style just as it is my opinion when i say that alot of your beats and you "cuttin" remixes sound bland. I mean your from germany and when i think germany i think techno and dance music not rap/hip hop, so i suppose you can be excused for not being able to make a good rap mix.

That was the worst post I read in a long while here on A4U. Come on where did that attitude come from :shock:
You seem to be taking Puentes post as an attack on you and then doing some kind of own personal attack on him.
Well I will be more happy being a NERD then having bad manners and no respect for other people. Please drop this attitude here on A4U since this is one of the few places on the net where people actually are nice to each other.
Viktor K

Downloads/Uploads: 102 / 1

Postby The Cutter on Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:29 pm

dj complex wrote:So mixing an existing pella with an existing beat is boring because i seem to fear to play around with the music?????

Perhaps because im not a NERD. Maybe you should try getting a job, a missus and having a social life instead of hanging around the computer looking for online friends.

The way i mix is quick and effective and its your opinion if you dont like my style just as it is my opinion when i say that alot of your beats and you "cuttin" remixes sound bland. I mean your from germany and when i think germany i think techno and dance music not rap/hip hop, so i suppose you can be excused for not being able to make a good rap mix.

Hey Complex you have to be one of the most closed minded persons I have met on this site.

You are on this site aren't you?. Which must mean you are a nerd as well. Ha Ha Dj Complex is a nerd. So what makes you different than anyone else?

To say that someone from Germany knows any less than somebody from Australia about rap is absured. Yeah I forgot rap was invented in Australia and it was brought over on the kangaroo boat to New York. Well I guess we are going to have to rewrite history.

Laslty I would not call your mixes quick and effective, quick yes but maybe if you spent more time on your mixes and less time talking bulls**t you would have made it further in the compo.

GET OVER YOURSELF. I know I'm about over it so mind your manners or I will straight up ban you. I've warned you enough about showing disrespect to others when there is no cause for it.

Mr. C.
Click The Remote!

The Cutter
Special friend
Special friend

Postby Choo on Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:58 pm

*sigh*, Complex just keeps going at it, it gets boring after the first time. If people wanted to, they could attack people from Australia. :/
Choo

Postby The Cutter on Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:25 pm

dj complex wrote:LOL, everyones getting worked up over nothing, people take s**t to heart on this site. Why else would i be constantly stirring the pot? Y'all just too easy to offend, it amuses the f**k out of me.

and it aint absurd to say that someone from Australia knows more about rap than someone from Germany because rap is alot bigger over here than what it is over in Germany.

We all are aware of what you are trying to do and it's stupid so stop it. If I took everything on this site too serious I would have banned your ass a long time ago for your "Stirring the pot". Acapella is the only chef in this kitchen and your pissin in his pot and the customers are complaining.

So stop pissin in the pot. Make and show your mixes, try to be a good little boy or just shut up if you can't do that.

Final comment about this. Your boring the funk out of me.
Click The Remote!

The Cutter
Special friend
Special friend

Postby Choo on Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:06 am

dj complex wrote:and it aint absurd to say that someone from Australia knows more about rap than someone from Germany because rap is alot bigger over here than what it is over in Germany.

Lol, this is all talk unless you back it up with facts. It's just rambling by you versus everyone else. I agree with "thecutter", you're just geting boring.

P.S. - If you claim one country knows more about rap, then the US knows all about it.
Choo

Postby Reapersgame on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:48 am

why can't we get along? let's just hold hands and sing "we are the world" =D

except that would b kinda gay
website coming soon!
Reapersgame

Downloads/Uploads: 143 / 4

Postby djpuente on Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:15 am

LOL MAGNUM.....^^
Click HERE
STILL AVAILABLE!!!

djpuente
Special Member
Special Member

Postby EricB on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:20 am

Come on guys, lets keep the peace!

Everyone has their opinion on things, so we should just leave it at that.

:)
EricB
No longer the Rookie
No longer the Rookie

Downloads/Uploads: 79 / 0

Postby DJ Sho-Tyme on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:27 am

we are all entitled to our opinions and appreciate the posts, we should have the right to comment on these little issues.

Firstly, Im from australia, similar to complex, and a few others aswell and rap is massive over here. it has taken over the once bland 70's/80's pop that once flooded radio. you cant turn on a radio now without hearing a song from eminem, chamillionare and others.

secondly, i still stand by my original opinion about remixing. there needs to be a certain degree of levels in which a song can be classified a remix. what is a remix?

to me a remix is our own interpretation of an original song. there it be changing the vocals or the inst*mental and/or adding our own personal touches to an original. the "remix" tho should at least resemble the orignal in a way where at least the vocals are and should be timed correctly to the right beat or to me it doesnt become a remix. it becomes and attempt. it becomes an idea to an unfinished project. i could purposly put up a remix that is about three or so seconds out of synch with the beat and watch the critisism roll in, so clearly im not the only one with this view on the topic.

postin up our own remixes gives us a chance to be critisised, at our own risk. so i wouldnt have wrote anything in regards to remixing in this circumstance, but since there is remix competition currently underway at the moment, i thought i could vent this out. the remixes were judged on the timing, and that is the sole importance to making a fantastic, worthy remix.

i wasnt in the comp to win at all, it was to put my skills out there and i believe i did well so i take little disappointment in getting dismissed after round 2. im surprised i made it after popularity contest round 1. im still pretty new on the site.
DJ Sho-Tyme
ACAS4U Phreakazoid
ACAS4U Phreakazoid

Postby Lexus on Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:16 am

Okay!! I am back after a well deserved week off!! S*HT this subject has got out of hand!! Bring back the good old days where we all just got along...!!

Thanks for laying it down Cutter,

Post Locked.....

Peace
Lexus
Special Member
Special Member